Tuesday, August 7, 2007


Alright, my burning question of the day is as follows:


Is everyone else's blog as painful to read as I think it is? Or is everybody else great, and I'm the one who sucks canal water?


When I read the tripe that's kicking around the internet, I wonder how those people have readers. Maybe they don't. Maybe this whole "blogosphere" notion is a myth. There really isn't any such thing. The truth is, there are only 12 semi-literate losers, posting garbage that hurts to digest on their nowheresville blog. With them, comes an army of illiterates who quote sound bites off of bumper stickers and feel informed (and maybe even edgy; a little alternative) because they've made reference to a blog that they heard of.


Or maybe it's just me.


I read The Dawn Patrol; a blog that is an exception to my petty grievance. This lady is really a pleasant read, regardless of her politics.


If you can recommend a blog that is well-written, by all means do so. Until then, I remain unconvinced.


Author's disclaimer:
By no means am I trying to say that I'm some kind of John Steinbeck. Or Beverly Cleary. Heck, I'm probably not even an Ariel Lefkowicz.


Put down the bumper sticker, and no one will get hurt.

No comments: